Friday, June 27, 2014

Writing Genre Instructional Video - Obituary

This last semester I took part in a partnership between a (somewhat) local middle school class and our writing instruction course.  The partnership was centered on the completion of a multi-genre writing projects based on the book Inside Out & Back Again by Thanhha Lai.
One of the key pieces of this partnership was that the members of the writing course (all certified teachers looking to gain one level or another of literacy specialization) created genre how-to videos for the middle schoolers to reference while they worked on their pieces.  My partner and I created a genre how-to video on writing obituaries.  I wish I could post the others, as my colleagues did an excellent job.  However, I only have explicit permission from both parties to post my own.
So here it is!  How to write an obituary!

No comments:

Post a Comment